Wednesday, June 10, 2009

One Hour Breadsticks

I got this fast and easy recipe for breadsticks from my sister over 10 years ago. I've been making it ever since. Give them a try. They're super easy and yummy!



Printable recipe

One Hour Breadsticks
recipe from my sister, Lissa


Ingredients
  • 3 c. flour
  • 2 T. sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/2 c. warm water
  • 1 T. instant yeast
Directions
  1. Mix all ingredients for three minutes in mixer (I use my kitchenaid), adding more flour if needed so the dough is workable and not too sticky. 
  2. Let rest for 10 minutes.
  3. Roll out and brush with melted butter, then sprinkle with parmesan cheese and garlic salt/powder. 
  4. Put on greased pan and cut into breadsticks. (I use a pizza cutter to cut them). 
  5. Let rest for 10 minutes. 
  6. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes at 350 or until lightly browned.
My notes: I usually half this recipe and it fills up almost a whole cookie sheet or a pizza stone. If you want to make ahead and bake later, just stick them in the fridge after you've cut them into breadsticks, then bake when you're ready.

4 comments:

  1. I will have to try this. I just made your Mom's White Bread Recipe today and it is super yummy. Do you spray the plastic wrap though before you wrap it and put it in the freezer? We'll see if I have problems taking the plastic wrap off later this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you don't know me, but I got your blog address from Anne Marie McDonald and I love it! I have used several of your recipes and my husband is very grateful! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am your newest follower. Love your bread recipes! I am using freshly ground soft white wheat to make these right now. We are beginner bread bakers! My daughters and I love to bake bread. Check out our blog at www.ourhappyhomestead-freeman.blogspot.com

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stuck the lasagna in the oven and now I'm going to quickly whip these up with my son.

    ReplyDelete